I’ve been MIA for a couple of weeks now because of my ridiculous work schedule which had me travelling out of state to work at my Company’s site in a rural area with limited basic infrastructure. So envision, TERRIBLE roads, inadequate access to water, and little to no electricity. Seriously #thirdworldproblems 😦
Now that I no longer have to make those awful trips for the foreseeable future, I wanted to write about how I made it through the last few weeks. Good decisions I made and where I can improve.
- Since starting the BBG program 13 weeks ago, I’ve lost 10 pounds (4.5 kg). Yayyy me!!! While I’ve seen other girls losing more within the same time, I have learned not to compare myself to them too much because our bodies are all different and everyone’s journey is different. And slow progress is better than no progress. So I’ll take those 10 lbs thank you very much!
- I did pack fruit and protein bars for my long road trips but I soon ran out of these and I have yet to find a place in Lagos that sells GOOD protein bars (ie. not filled with sugar, preferably vegan or organic ingredients)
- Not drinking enough water and instead replacing water with sugar drinks like Coke, Fanta, and assorted energy drinks. Also no green juice for the past couple of weeks because it was basically impossible to make them.
- I was pretty much eating instant noodles most days of the week I was on site.. I know I know epic fail! But after running out of the fresh fruit and protein bars I had brought along I didn’t really have many options.
- On average I was getting around 5 – 6 hours of sleep a night which was probably another reason I was drinking sugary sodas because they gave me a quick bursts of energy.. followed by long periods of low energy. It was a terrible cycle.
What I took away from these past couple weeks is that my will power to resist temptation has greatly increased (even though I wasn’t eating as healthy as I should have been I was eating smaller portions of the bad stuff, which was a big step for me). Despite feeling like death, each day I made sure to keep up with my BBG exercises. Even if I only got through the circuits one time each. It was better than nothing.
I’m now starting week 8 of BBG (14 weeks total) and proud that I’m still going strong and didn’t quit!